I’m sure County Commission meetings can be a bit of a snoozefest for some. But, this is where things happen and changes are made in our county — often for the better and maybe sometimes for the worse.
Check out the agenda for tomorrow’s November 3 St John’s County Commission meeting here.
In this meeting, St. Johns County will be discussing several possible changes to the Land Development Code. There is no vote or ordinance, but there may be something on this list you care about. Here are a few of the items:
- Recent changes in sign code legislation have prompted St. Johns County to review its entire sign code language within the Land Development Code. The technological advances of billboard signs and if they have a place in St. Johns County. Do you want flashing billboards on I-95?
- Regulating Feral Cat Colonies within St. Johns County in coordination with the Division of Animal Control. Not sure what this means, but I love cats!
- Regulating Vacation Rentals in coordination with recent changes to Florida State Statutes. Could be interesting?
Interested? Then be there or contact you Commissioner. All meetings are held in the County Auditorium, 500 San Sebastian View in St. Augustine.
- James Johns, District 1, email@example.com
- Jeb Smith, District 2, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill McClure, District 3, email@example.com
- Jay Morris, District 4, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel Bennett, District 5, email@example.com