What some call golf’s fifth major is almost here. Five ideas for those of your who are entertaining at home and one for good luck.
1. Flash some green: Ferns flanking a front door are an easy to maintain and visually dramatic. Kathy’s Creative Gardens on Roscoe has a great selection and very reasonable prices.
2. The bare necessities: make sure your bathrooms have toilet paper, good hand soap, towels, candles and a plunger! While you may not want to think about your guests long visit to the facilities, a quick way to ruin anyone’s appetite is an unexpected overflow.
3. Pillow Up: Whether you want to spend a little or a lot, pillows are an easy way to update and refresh your living or bedroom spaces. The best cost options are at West Elm or HomeGoods. Those with a little more bank can find some great pillows at either Mrs Howards or Pearl Home both in Jacksonville Beach. Another option is etsy. This iconic print starts at $20 from a Orlando shop owner.
4. Cocktails at 5… or 3… or maybe even 10am: Signature cocktails are all the rage and for good reason, one stop shopping and no need to hire a bartender. The Players isn’t known for any one drink which means it’s a great time to invent your own – fizzy gin lemonades, a Ponte Vedra mule, etc. More ideas can be found on St. Augustine’s Ice Plant blog or some super 2 ingredient ideas here.
5. Make it a safe week by arranging other transportation. Try Uber, East Coast Transportation or hire your friend’s very responsible teen to make sure everyone has a good time and gets home safe.
6. Treat Yo Self: hosting can be stressful so make sure you are good to yourself. New sheets for you and your guest room, an expensive candle to make your home feel spa- like or an actual day at the PV Inn & Spa , or just some time to enjoy the other perk of living in Ponte Vedra Beach.