Ponte Vedra Focus Annual Blog Writing Scholarship
Sponsored by The Volen Group, Keller Williams Luxury International
$1000 scholarship for the student who writes the most compelling community-oriented blog post to be published on the Ponte Vedra Focus blog: http://www.pontevedrafocus.com/blog.
- 500-1000 word article for the Ponte Vedra Focus blog, a community blog covering the NE Florida area.
- Must include 2-3 relevant photos on the topic (no personal headshots please).
- The article must have a tie-in to your community. Example topics from previous winners and applicants:
- Eating Vegan in Riverside, Finalist 2019
- How to Search for Shark’s Teeth: A Guide, Finalist 2019
- A Beginners Guide to Thrifting in Jacksonville, Finalist 2020
- Top Running Spots in Jacksonville, Winner 2020
- Fall in Love with A Farmer’s Market, Winner 2019
- Eat More “Hole” Foods: A Collection of Northeast Florida’s Best Mini Donut Shops, Winner 2021
7 PM, March 7, 2021
Each entry must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for the scholarship.
- Currently enrolled high school senior in either St Johns or Duval County. Proof of enrollment provided upon request.
- US citizen or resident alien and permanent resident of St. Johns County, Florida, or Duval County, FL for at least one year. Proof of permanent residency to be provided upon request, such as a driver’s license, voters’ registration, or passport.
- Acceptance into a college, university, or post-secondary education program. Proof of acceptance to be provided upon request.
- Your name, address, email address, and contact number.
- The name of the college or university you are attending or planning to attend.
- Your blog entry attached to the email in .doc or .docx format with a written introduction. Google Doc links and PDFs will not be accepted. Email submissions with the title “Scholarship Submissions” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please attach at least 3 photos in jpg format to your email submission. Do not embed photos in the article.
Our team will carefully review all entries and select our favorite entry, notifying the winner via email on March 14, 2022. The winner should respond in 7 days, otherwise, another awardee will be selected.
Selection will be based on originality, quality of writing, and local relevance.
- The scholarship is available annually and is non-renewable.
- Scholarship funds may be used only for qualified educational expenses, tuition, fees, books, room and board or educational equipment.
- Top 5 articles will be published on the Ponte Vedra Focus blog with the applicant’s permission.
- There is no fee for entry, and applicant contact information will never be sold to third-party sources.
- Proudly sponsored by The Volen Group, Keller Williams Luxury International
- Main Contact: Gwinn Volen, LLC
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 904-314-5188
- Address: 215 Pablo Road, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082