Congratulations to Kitty Switkes, John Cellucci and Brad Wester, your new trustees for the Ponte Vedra Municipal Services District.
These individuals will be a part of a 7 member board of trustees who are responsible for decisions within the MSD.
Here’s a map that shows the outline of the areas for which the MSD is responsible.
The MSD provides supplemental services to all residents within the MSD. It gives residents a board who will listen and help to keep our community a safe and beautiful place to live.
- Contracts with the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Department for 5 full time deputies to patrol within the MSD
- Provides additional garbage pickup at the side door
- Provides street lighting and signs
- Maintains beach accesses along Ponte Vedra Boulevard
- Works on the overall upkeep and look of the community
Here is a copy of the MSD budget.
On a separate matter, why did we only have a 24% voter turnout for the August 30 primary in St Johns County?! That probably deserves it’s own blog piece.