By Willow Logue
Make a Plan to Vote
October 5 is the last day to register to vote in Florida.
- Check Your Registration.
- -Figure out how and when you will vote…by mail, at early polling locations, or on Election Day.
- If you plan to vote by mail, request your ballot sooner than later and mail it back at least 7 days before the election. More information about USPS can be found here.
- The ballot for St. Johns County is four pages long. A sample can be found on the Supervisor of Elections website.
- Before casting a vote, take some time to do research. Use more than one resource.
Here are some mostly non-partisan sites I found helpful when making my own choices:
- Florida Realtors – What to Know Before You Vote
- Orlando Sentinel – Florida Constitution amendments: What they do, pro and con
- Vote 411 – Amendment and Candidate Information
- The Florida Bar – Merit Retention Poll
- Voting for Justice: Judicial Voting Guide for Central Florida
- St. Johns County Civic Association Roundtable
If there are other sites you have found informative, let us know.