Top Real Estate Agents in Ponte Vedra Beach
TOP REAL ESTATE AGENTS IN PONTE VEDRA BEACH
Navigating This Market Can Be Complex At Times
- Every seller will have different closing timeframes, negotiation styles and pricing strategies for accepting your offer.
- It is much easier to find a home that meets your needs, negotiate a contract, and close the transaction with an experience agent by your side.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN YOUR HOME BUYING JOURNEY
Key Considerations Along the Path
Where are you looking to buy? Is proximity to the beach important? Proximity to the airport? Consider your hobbies and accessibility to facilities. Think about what is more important, location or price?
What will this move do for you and your family when we find you the perfect home?
Mortgage or Cash
If you plan to obtain a mortgage, a pre-approval is criticial. It will narrow down your search and allow you to make offers with confidence. We can connect you with an experienced and reputable lender.
What is your desired timeline? Outside of a general tour, the best time to start scheduling showing appointments is when you are 2-3 months out from purchase.
Your perfect price point includes both affordability and your spending comfort level. Being open and honest with us is critical in allowing us to connect you with your ideal home.
Selecting the right agent is important. The Volen Group prides themselves on being responsive. We are skilled at offering boutique-level service. Our team is known for being savvy, charming, tasteful, influential, community-oriented, and customer driven.
Because We Are The Leaders in Our Market and Miles Above the Competition
Our 2021 Numbers
|2021 CLOSED SALES:||$102 Million|
|AVERAGE SALE PRICE:||$1.3 Million|
|TOTAL TRANSACTIONS:||78 Families Served|
|LIST : SOLD RATIO:||98%|
UNDERSTANDING FLORIDA REAL ESTATE CONTRACTS
The Key Components
|BINDER DEPOSIT:||Typically 2-3% of Purchase Price|
|MORTGAGE AMOUNT:||Most Conventional Loans Require 20% Down|
|PURCHASE PRICE:||Statistically Most Homes are Selling At 98% – 110% of List Price|
|INSPECTION PERIOD:||Typically 10-Day Default|
|LOAN CONTINGENCY:||30 Days is Contract Default for Loan Approval|
|CLOSING DATE:||Negotiable, but Typically 30-45 Days|
Which Area is Best for You?
If you are new to the area, it is important to find the best neighborhood for you. Here in Northeast Florida we are surrounded by numerous waterways, beautiful beaches and stunning oceanfront views.
Whether you are looking for a beach house, a home by the river, or a place downtown, we will help you find it!
We enjoy giving clients a “flavor of Jacksonville” tour to help better understand what the area has to offer.
We also have a blog created by Gwinn Volen in 2015, The Ponte Vedra Focus. The Focus is a great resource for learning about the area – from restaurants to entertainment to communities.
It is the perfect guide to help you explore local spots and get to know your future neighbors!
Join one or both of our Facebook groups by clicking the linked group photo below! We love creating designated spaces for people to interact and share information about what is going on around us!
The Best in Class Team
Click name for more info on each agent or team member
BREAKING IT DOWN
Establish Financing Method
- Reminder, connect with a lender early, unless you’re buying a home with cash. Getting pre-approved by a lender is criticial. Offers will not be accepted without pre-approval. We have plenty of trusted and recommended lenders.
- Establish a true budget.
- Proof of fund is needed if paying cash
Prioritize Your Criteria
- Prioritize your wish list and write it down so you can refer back to it.
- Keep in mind almost every purchase includes some tradeoffs.
Start The Home Search
- We will establish a property alert for you on our website. Please “heart” properties that appeal to you.
- When you are “ready” to hit go, we’ll start making showing appointments.
Make An Offer
- It is still a seller’s market. With that, we will position you as best we can.
- Techniques for best offers:
- Modifying the contingencies
- Showing financial soundness
- Providing flexibility where you can
- Welcome Kara Jeffs to the process. Your agent remains involved for all negotiations.
- Contract goes to title company (known as Escrow in some areas) for title search, survey, etc.
- Contract sent to lender (if applicable)
Schedule The Inspection
- Contracts have default 10-day inspection period.
- You may exit the contract at your sole discretion during this time.
- Typical inspections include:
- General home inspection
- Termite inspection (WDO)
- Pool inspection
- Repair list to be established if needed.
- Consider reinspection
Secure Your Financing
- Submit official loan application
- Provide lender requested documentation in a timely fashion – this can be cumbersome, prepare yourself
- Investigate during the inspection period so you understand costs
- Mortgage companies require you to have insurance coverage so start early
- Understand if flood insurance is required. www.gis.sjcfl.us/floodviewer/
Close and Set Move In Date
- Set up closing time with Jennifer
- You are entitled to a final walk-thru of the property (typically done the day before closing)
- Make sure remaining funds owed on your end are wired to the title company 24 hours prior to closing
- Plan your move – if possible build in a window between closing day and move in (in case there are delays)
WHEN YOU HAVE QUESTIONS
Ask the Agent:
What does a strong offer look like?
What contingencies should we consider or skip?
Can I ask for a credit for repairs?
Can we renegotiate close date?
I’d like to exit the contract, what do we do?
What expenses should I expect after buying?
What is the resale value like in this neighborhood?
What are typical closing costs?
What is your fee?
How do I get wiring instructions?
Do you have a good painter recommendation?
Can I write a personal check for my binder?
What day is closing again?
Can you send me the timeline of contract deadlines?
Have you heard from the lender?
Who do you recommend for inspections?
When will I see a settlement statement?
What is the title commitment for?