Ponte Vedra Focus Scholarship
Ponte Vedra Focus Annual Blog Writing Scholarship
Sponsored by Young & Volen, Ponte Vedra Club Realty
$1000 scholarship for the student who writes the most compelling community-oriented blog post to be published on the Ponte Vedra Focus blog: http://www.pontevedrafocus.com/blog.
- 500-1000 word article for the Ponte Vedra Focus blog, a community blog covering the NE Florida area.
- Must include 2-3 relevant photos on the topic (no personal headshots please).
- The article must have a tie-in to your community. Example topics:
- Eating Vegan in Jacksonville
- A Guide to Thrift Store Shopping
- What No One Ever Told Me When We Moved Here
- An Interview with your favorite local X
- Top 5 Nature Spots in St Johns County
7 PM, March 15, 2019
Each entry must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for the scholarship.
- Currently enrolled high school senior in either St Johns or Duval County. Proof of enrollment provided upon request.
- US citizen or resident alien and permanent resident of St. Johns County, Florida or Duval County, FL for at least one year. Proof of permanent residency to be provided upon request, such as a driver’s license, voters’ registration or passport.
- Acceptance into a college, university or post-secondary education program. Proof of acceptance to be provided upon request.
- Your name, address, email address and contact number.
- The name of the college or university you are attending or planning to attend.
- Your blog entry attached to the email in .doc or .docx format with a written introduction. Google Doc links and PDFs will not be accepted. Email submissions with the title “Scholarship Submissions” to email@example.com.
Our team will pick our favorite entry and will notify the winner via email on March 10, 2019. The winner should respond in 7 days, otherwise, another awardee will be selected.
Selection will be based on originality, quality of writing, and local relevance.
- The scholarship is available annually and is non-renewable.
- Scholarship funds may be used only for qualified educational expenses, tuition, fees, books, room and board or educational equipment.
- Top 5 articles will be published on the Ponte Vedra Focus blog with applicants permission.
- There is no fee for entry, and applicant contact information will never be sold to third-party sources.
- Proudly sponsored by Young and Volen, Ponte Vedra Club Realty.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 904-314-5188
- Address: 215 Pablo Road, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082